Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Revelation 22:7-21



JESUS IS COMING

Revelation 22:7-21

Rev 22:7  "Look, I am coming soon! Blessed are those who obey the words of prophecy written in this book. "

Jesus again states that he is coming soon. by his standards I suspect that the amount of time is not that great. By our standards it could seem to be very long. As previously stated we will not know the time. Life Application New Testament Commentary also stated: Then follows the sixth of seven beatitudes in the book: “Blessed are those who obey the prophecy written in this scroll.” (The other beatitudes are found in Rev_1:3; Rev_14:13; Rev_16:15; Rev_19:9; Rev_20:6; Rev_22:14.



Rev 22:8  I, John, am the one who heard and saw all these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me. Rev 22:9  But he said, "No, don't worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this book. Worship only God!"

I cannot fault John for falling down at the feet of the angel. If you had witnessed what John had you would have felt very small in front of a creature that knew so much. The angel quickly told him not to worship him. On earth I would find it extremely difficult to bow in worship to another human, actually it would not happen. No man can earn the title of god. So far every one that has done that died but did not rise again.

Rev 22:10  Then he instructed me, "Do not seal up the prophetic words in this book, for the time is near. Rev 22:11  Let the one who is doing harm continue to do harm; let the one who is vile continue to be vile; let the one who is righteous continue to live righteously; let the one who is holy continue to be holy."

Unlike what the angel told Daniel, to seal what he saw, John was told to write it out so people would know. In the next verse the angel is saying let the one who doing this or that continue. These are warnings to those that have not accepted Christ. In the next verse Christ reiterates that he is coming soon.  That is when Judgment comes and after that it is to late for a change of heart.

Rev 22:12  "Look, I am coming soon, bringing My reward with Me to repay all people according to their deeds. Rev 22:13  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

For those of us who are timed beings Christ is letting us know his time line. It is like I am, I was and I always will be, praise the Lord. No act of mercy will be forgotten; no true believer will be abandoned. Mat_16:27; Mat_19:27-30; Luk_6:23; Luk_6:35; 1Co_3:8; 1Co_3:13-15; 1Co_9:25; Jas_1:12.)

Rev 22:14  Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life. Rev 22:15  Outside the city are the dogs—the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie.

Wash their robes, That would be those who have repented of their sins and given their life over to Jesus. Eat from the tree of life, that will be eternity. Outside the city will be those that did not repent. I am not suggesting that we can look over the fence and see the condemned walk by, but metaphorically speaking it will be those that have not been saved.

Rev 22:16  "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to give you this message for the churches. I am both the source of David and the heir to His throne. I am the bright morning star."

Life Application New Testament Commentary 22:16 Jesus again spoke (as he had previously, Rev_22:12-13), describing himself as the ultimate fulfillment of everything that had been promised. Christ had sent his angel to show John all that would come to pass (see Rev_1:1), so that the message could be given to the churches (all churches, but especially those mentioned in chapters 2–3 who would receive this letter).
Jesus is both David’s source and the heir to his throne. As the Creator of all, he existed long before David. As a human, however, Jesus was one of David’s direct descendants (see Isa_11:1-5; Mat_1:1-17). As the Messiah, he is the bright morning star, the light of salvation to all (see Rev_2:28; 2Pe_1:19). In Num_24:17, Balaam declared, “I see him, but not in the present time. I perceive him, but far in the distant future. A star will rise from Jacob; a scepter will emerge from Israel.” The “star” may have referred both to King David and David’s greater descendant, Jesus Christ. As the morning star is the first star to be seen in the darkness before the dawn, so Christ, the morning star, promises that the night of tribulation will soon be over and the new Kingdom is about to dawn.


Rev 22:17  The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let anyone who hears this say, "Come." Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life. Rev 22:18  And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the words of prophecy written in this book: If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book. ev 22:19  And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person's share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.

I have know about the warning in these verse for a long time. When I purchase a bible I am careful as to which version I pick. The Message is a bible that is very different but is it wrong. I think because they acknowledge that they are trying to put the words written thousands of years ago into something much more readable style.

Rev 22:20  He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon!" Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! Rev 22:21  May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's holy people. [Amen.]

This is the end of my Revelations study but what a blessing it will be when we are all with Jesus. If you have read this and are not a friend of Jesus it only takes a few words and then follow his word. Agape


Thanks to:

No comments:

Post a Comment