Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Matthew 26:31-35


JESUS AGAIN PREDICTS PETER’S DENIAL


Mathew 26:31-35


Mat 26:31  On the way, Jesus told them, "Tonight all of you will desert Me. For the Scriptures say, 'God will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.'

This is from Zachariah 13:7 “My sword, wake up! Attack my shepherd! Attack the man who is close to me,” announces the Lord who rules over all. “Strike down the shepherd. Then the sheep will be scattered. And I will turn my hand against their little ones."

It is not hard to see who the sheep are. In this case it is the Disciples. It was God's plan for this to happen and not a Satan intervention.
 

Mat 26:32  But after I have been raised from the dead, I will go ahead of you to Galilee and meet you there." Mat 26:33  Peter declared, "Even if everyone else deserts You, I will never desert You." Mat 26:34 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, Peter—this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know Me." Mat 26:35  "No!" Peter insisted. "Even if I have to die with You, I will never deny You!" And all the other disciples vowed the same. Mat 26:36  Then Jesus went with them to the olive grove called Gethsemane, and He said, "Sit here while I go over there to pray."


This was from a bible question and answer page from their web site Never Thirsty: " Why did Peter deny Jesus? He was afraid and did not want to die because of His relationship with Jesus. He was unwilling to die for what he believed. Few today are willing to die for what they believe in. Many of us would have done the same thing that Peter did. Yet, God calls us to be willing to suffer and if necessary, to die for Him."
 
Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. (NASB) Matt. 5:11-12

Would we be willing to die for Him. Would we be willing to suffer for Him. These thoughts had to go through peters head. What would you do. Did you just say I would not have done what Peter did. That is what Peter said.

Agape
Dave

 

No comments:

Post a Comment