Monday, July 18, 2016

Romans 7:7-13



GOD’S LAW REVEALS OUR SIN

Romans 7:7-13


Rom 7:7 Well then, am I suggesting that the law of God is sinful? Of course not! In fact, it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known that coveting is wrong if the law had not said, "You must not covet." Rom 7:8 But sin used this command to arouse all kinds of covetous desires within me! If there were no law, sin would not have that power.

Long story short, if you grew up thinking that sin X was okay your dad did it so did mom, aunts and uncles you most likely would think this sin (sin X) is not a sin just a normal way of life. Now God wrote a set of rules and sin X was pointed out as something that is bad. Now I want to follow Christ but Satan keeps whispering in my ear, “it’s okay everyone else is doing sin X”, now you are torn between God and his holy ways and Satan that is using your past against you.

Rom 7:9 At one time I lived without understanding the law. But when I learned the command not to covet, for instance, the power of sin came to life, Rom 7:10 and I died. So I discovered that the law's commands, which were supposed to bring life, brought spiritual death instead.

Continuing from above, you now give in to sin X, that sin now lays between you and God. Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 7:11 Sin took advantage of those commands and deceived me; it used the commands to kill me.

That would be spiritual death.

Rom 7:12 But still, the law itself is holy, and its commands are holy and right and good. Rom 7:13 But how can that be? Did the law, which is good, cause my death? Of course not! Sin used what was good to bring about my condemnation to death. So we can see how terrible sin really is. It uses God's good commands for its own evil purposes.


Life Application New Testament states: Paul asks, “Did the law, which is good, cause my doom?” Again he answers his own question, Of course not! The law was given by God; it tells us what God desires of us, and it is good. It is sin, not the law, that brings death, and it is only through the law that we can see how terrible sin really is. Sin uses God’s good commandments to continue to produce death in people because people cannot keep the law in their own strength. But, by using the commandments as instruments of death, sin reveals itself in all its ugliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment